Live a poetic existence. Take responsibility for the air you breathe and never forget that the highest appreciation is not to just utter words, but to live them compassionately.

Saturday, August 18, 2012

The Thought Fox Thought of Poetry

I am alone this weekend and it has been an incredibly hot summer Saturday. Luckily my house is essentially made of cement (one of those old character homes) so it stays rather cool indoors. I was finding it hard to keep myself busy today, but I am thankful the day is finally coming to a close. Is it wrong that someone so young is anxiously waiting for the weekend to end? Probably. I feel so useless on the weekends. Am I the only one who feels like that?
Anyways, I just realized I haven't written a poem, or read any sort of poetry, since January/February. How sad is that? I am working on it.
I have no poem to post- I might have something up my sleeve in the near future- but I do have something fun to share in the meantime. It was Ted Hughes' birthday yesterday and huffingtonpost.co.uk posted a fun article with some photos, quotes and audio readings!

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2012/08/15/ted-hughes-photos-quotes_n_1778125.html

No comments:

Post a Comment